Does an AIS 140 have any extra specification from a normal standard GPS?
AIS 140 device has a major difference with existing GPS devices. All existing devices send their position information using Latitude and Longitude to a particular (single) server. This is sent using a SIM card by any one operator. This information is then plotted onto a map and that is how an user can see the vehicle live, moving on a map.
AIS 140 devices also send Latitude and Longitude, however, it send to three servers; the Govt,’s Command and Control Centre, the SOS server used by the police and to the school’s own server. The SIM used inside an AIS 140 device is an embedded SIM and work using two networks, BSNL and a private operator. The embedded SIM is the same SIM used in card swipe machines found in supermarkets or restaurants.
What are the devices mandatory for a school bus as per Kerala Motor Vehicle Department?
The mandatory devices as per KMVD include an AIS 140 GPS Device and four panic buttons
What are the particular benefits for schools and parents by using AIS 140 Device?
The benefits for the school and parents are:
- Control over movement of their asset; the school bus, thereby helping restrict unwanted use
- Security and safety of their school children
- Live monitoring of the school bus by the local police station to deter any wrong-doing by drivers and Ayahs (Attenders) on the bus
- Ability for fire, police and ambulance personnel to respond immediately to any school bus accident thereby perhaps helping save lives
- Ability to track theie child’s school bus on a map on their mobile and help them plan time of boarding
- Ability to receive notifications two stops before the school bus reaches their child’s bus stop
- Ability to drop their child at any stop before or after if they are unable to make it to their child’s stop on time
- Ability to receive notifications about their child’s attendance when children get into and out off their school bus
Can schools use any AIS 140 Device?
Schools can use any AIS 140 Device that has been certified by the particular State Government or local RTO
Name some companies with AIS 140 ARIA Certification? What is their main business?
There are about 17 devices of 12 manufacturers certified by ARAI and 11 devices of 7 manufacturers. The links are below:
PDF – 1
PDF – 2
You may check out their main business from their web page.
What could be the price range of the AIS 140 device?
The MRP of AIS 140 devices are between the price range of Rs.10000 – Rs. 15000. The selling price is expected to be between Rs.7500 – Rs.8000
The MRP of a single panic button is proposed between Rs.350 – Rs.600. The expected selling price is between Rs.275 – Rs.375 for the base panic button
What about device installation? Is there a cost for installing devices?
Device installation is going to be the key concern for manufacturers and schools. There is a shortage of qualifies technicians to install these devices. Manufacturers are training technicians who are attached to dealers to learn the installation process.
Device installation is expected to take about 2 – 3 hours per bus and would cost approximately between Rs.450 – Rs.600 per bus plus costs towards wiring harness which will be additional
What about software to monitor school buses? Is it included in the government order? Is it free?
Tracking software is available with all manufacturers but at an extra cost, ranging from Rs.175 / bus / month to Rs.1500/bus / year. The software does not include mobile Apps for Parents.
As an introductory gesture, Kinder Bus offer the tracking software free to schools. Our software will help you track all your school buses for free. We also offer a free Parent Mobile App for parents to track their child’s bus and the offer is valid for the rest of the school year.
Does the software have a parent mobile application? How can parents view their child’s bus? Is this included and is it free?
No, the tracking software provided by manufacturers does not have a parent App. For parents to view their child’s bus, an exclusive Application needs to be installed.
The application provided by manufacturer’s is not free and this is where Kinder Bus comes in!